Thursday, July 1, 2010

Reunited


picture via

October 4, 2008, my wedding day, was the last time I saw one of my best friends before she moved across the ocean to live in Israel for what started out as being a 6 month -ish jaunt to see her family, learn Hebrew and explore the world. 6 months turned into a year and 9 months...so far...but, she is here for a 2 weeks and we are going to spend as much time as we can loving on her, laughing with her, and squeezing her!
I have always been somewhat envious of those people who just pick up and leave for grand traveling expeditions. Part of me wishes the husband and I would open a credit card and take off without a worry, but the other part of me really has no desire to leave. I am a creature of habit - to a fault. Listing the top five cities I would like to visit includes 3 cities I have already been to, the college I graduated from is about 25 minutes from the house I grew up in, and my workplace is the same office I spent visiting as a child. Weird, I know. There is just something inside me that requires the comfort of familiarity.

However, I wouldn't necessarily mind going to live in this place for a month or two.

picture via

No comments:

Post a Comment