Tuesday, February 1, 2011

it's cold out there!

it's a snow-day!! a dallas snowday usually entails more ice than snow but, either way we are off work and locked in our warm and cozy house. i made it to the gym this morning, but barely made it back home on the icy roads at 7:00 am, and it certainly hasn't melted any since then. temps are in the teens and the windchill is in the single digits. i wore a short dress and ugg boots on sunday....crazy texas weather!
anyway, i am glad i am locked up today because it was impossible for me to keep my eyes open when i got home from the gym which wouldn't have been a good thing if i had been driving to work, and i also have the chance to catch up on my blog challenge, which i missed yesterday, oops.

day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
i sure wish i could stop biting my nails. i know this is a generic 'bad habit' but it is so frustrating that i can go months without biting my nails, then one day something possesses me to bite one, which leads to me biting them all, for months, before i "stop" biting them again. this roller coaster of nail biting has been happening all my life. why can't i just stop for good? ...one day.

day 5- a picture of somewhere you've been

-an abandoned sugar cane plantation on the island of st. kitts-


-a beautiful sunset, st. kitts

zach and i traveled to the small island of st. kitts for our honeymoon. it was beautiful. we were able to sail in the ocean, drive 4-wheelers through the rain forest, sit on the beautiful beach and lounge on sea breeze balconies. if i shut my eyes right now i'm right back there, sipping a daiquiri.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog! I'm now a follower..

    www.justbreathearzb.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's so pretty! i would love to go there! my photo for this day was of a garden in zurich

    ReplyDelete